Saturday, April 29, 2006

Hopefully, a distinction.

You readers probably come to see my comments on how well I do for the English Paper as you guys know English is my forte.


I believe I will do well for Paper 2, as I used most of the teachings of Mrs Benjamin from Elcot Consultants. It was highly effective. There were several USE YOUR OWN WORDS questions which needed good vocabulary. In my opinion, the questions were a little bit easy. However, the summary proved to be a challenge. I had to visualise myself as the author going to find the Drung man. (Dang, I kept saying Dung man!)

As for Paper 1, I believe I did extremely well for composition (Question 3: Good education will guarantees success later in life. Do you agree?" despite not reaching the minimum amount of 350 words. I only got 312 words. However, my content was there. My introduction and good examples will add bonus to my marks, I hope. Furthermore, I think my ending was wonderful:

"Education is a goldmine that never runs out of gold. However, if a miner is someone who do not have the right mentality and attitude, he will not make full use of the gold he extracted from a goldmine. With this analogy and my points, there is no doubt that good education DO NOT guarantees success later in life."

To give credit, the phrase "Education is a goldmine that never runs out of gold." comes from those motivational posters that was pasted on our classroom walls. I was taking a glance over them and didn't realise it came up to good use. I managed to make an analogy out of it. Great.



As for my report writing, I did not do as well as I expected myself to do. Probably because I had butterflies in my stomach and wanted to go to the toilet urgently. Also, I may have misinterpret the question. My format is correct, but it is the content I'm thinking about.


Hopefully, I can get a distinction, if not at the very least, a B3.

No comments: