Saturday, April 01, 2006

Dreams or reality?

I was thinking in the afternoon about what my future holds for me, because I had a talk with Jia Yi, about Polytechnic courses and JCs.

I still thinks that I would like to be a diver (though technically speaking, I'm already one.) and work in the Underwater World in Sentosa. I love nature, I love the sea. I always visualise myself diving in the tanks of the Underwater World and find satisfaction when tourists see a diver and pin-point me. Attention-seeking, you may say. However, if you read my previous posts, you will realise that I wrote about what my relatives said, which made me feel low.


"Do you know how to swim?"


"You need to separate fact from reality."


And the others, who were flabbergasted that I went to scuba dive, but later thought that I went to snorkel.

And after working with my relative during the December holidays, he said that it is not always possible to pursue your dreams. Though it sounds contradictory, I couldn't agree more.


That's why I also picture myself working in the Central Business District (CBD) area for the rest of my working life, working 9 to 5..I also feel like having a taste of working in such an enviroment.

I also thought of marriage, kids and other factors.


And to tell you, I even naively dreamt about being a singer.


Singing is my passion, and I kept singing in class. Furthermore, I even had my trademark, which was even micmicked by friends from both my class and choir. Guess it's just wishful thinking that I will be a singer when I grows up.




In this modern world, pursued dreams aren't always being realised.

I'm still confused..

No comments: