Saturday, April 14, 2007

Appassionata.(Eh-Pa-Shun-Na-Ta)

My friends and I went to a concert called Appassionata this evening, performed by Nanyang Junior College Choir, with guest performances by The Hai Sing Catholic School Choir, and The Wild Empire at the Victoria Concert Hall. We went to support Kai Bin too!




Appassionata.



You Hock, Chee Meng and Claudia. It was an impromptu shot!




Melissa and Chee Meng.






Other friends not featured are YanYu, YouHock, Jeanne and Zi Lin.




Audience eagerly waiting for the concert to start.






The whole performance was not bad, and I'll rate it 7.5/10. Being a chorister, I could understand how much they put through their hard work. It's not only that you have to sing the note well, you also have choreography as well. I didn't really fancy the opening songs, but later, the songs were pretty good.




Some of the songs I like were:




O Magnum Mysterium


*Gloria* from Missa Brevis


Asadoya Yunta


Alleluja


Tres Cantos Nativos


Shima E






I also like The Wild Empire. Their voices blend really well and you could see their enthusiasm. Nanyang Junior College Choir sang Tres Cantos Nativos, and I will never forget the song. They started making animal sounds using a cappella and it was SO NICE! Choreography perfected it.


They sang pretty nice English songs, especially Sit Down You're Rockin' the Boat.




Most of their soloists were very good and I love their voices. This concert reignited the passion in me to continue to perform choral singing, and I would like to sing with fellow choristers again.


I miss my North Vista Chorale, the juniors, the seniors, the peers, the teachers-in-charge and Mr Francis Liew. Why isn't there a Choir alumni? :(






Anyway, this trip with my fellow choir friends were extremely fun, and we were joking around with each other. Don't worry guys, I'm sure we will go out together again, to watch choirs and other musicals again! And Kai Bin, you did really well!






Shall end this post with...




Kai Bin and me.


Nonono, not this picture.. But....




Good ol' Appassionata!

No comments: