Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I hate dentists.

I finally know the reason why people don't visit the recommended dental check-up which is every 6 months.

I went to one dental clinic at one of the shopping plazas located near my area. I went inside, only to be greeted with one patient paying stacks of $50 notes that probably accumulated to $400-$600.

My goodness. I went inside the room and the dentist managed to rectify the problem using an x-ray. I had wisdom tooth.

For the first time, I was shocked. No, not because I had wisdom tooth. I didn't even know what was wisdom tooth until he told me.


He said the dental surgery to remove the wisdom tooth was $600.

$600 just to pluck out a tooth?! Why not I pluck for your patients and I just charge a fee of $60?

I was flabbergasted, and to make matters worst, he said I had 1 or 2 bad tooth that needs to be extracted. The price? $380.

Altogether? $980.


Nearly $1000 for extracting 3 tooths.


The dentist commented about my unhealthy gums. And to prove it to me, he used some sort of a tool which makes hairs stand on its end and 'grilled' around my gums, and true enough, it bled.


No matter what, I need to do the surgery. When I'm chewing or opening my mouth wide, there is an extremely sharp pain on my left cheek and my left ear. Terribly painful.



On a different note, I went to the Nanyang Polytechnic orientation today. It's not as good as my Junior College orientation. I am starting to miss Lynette, Jaspreet, Keane and Nicholas. College dance is the best.

No comments: