Saturday, April 07, 2007

Costly interests.

I realise most all my interests needs money. One such example is Scuba Diving. I need hundreds of dollars to support it, unless I work for a scuba diving company and have my fees waived.


Another one is that I always love arts ever since I joined Choir. It's been like 2 years since I've been to the Esplanade to catch a performance. My last trip was to watch the Sound Of Music. But such tickets are usually expensive; they can cost ranging from tens of dollars to a few hundred dollars.


So...I'm looking for next week's trip to the Victoria Concert Hall (VCH), to support my choir buddy Kai Bin! I used to call him Bin-Ge, which means brother. He's performing next friday together with his Nanyang Junior College (NYJC) fellow choristers. All the best Kai Bin!


Speaking of performers, I think that the greatest achievement when you perform for the audience is when you get a round of applause, especially if it is loud. Best still, if they stand up. Audience will never know how much effort performers put in, because it is only the surface that they view. So the best thing is that the audience must appreciate the performance.





On a different note, I would like to show all of you a conversation taken from a movie called Freedom Writers, and if possible, comment on it.


Student 1: These people don't give respect to us.
Teacher: In order for people to give you respect, you need to give it to others.
Student 2: Bullshit.
Teacher: What?
Student 2: Why should I give you my respect? Because you called yourself a teacher? How do I know that you're not a bad person standing up there?



Supposedly if you are the teacher, what would you reply? For me, I really have no idea on how to reply to it.

No comments: