Thursday, July 12, 2007

Money money money..

I seriously hate it when I have to carry heavy things and the worst thing is that my legs are aching. Bloody safety boots, why can't they make it more comfy? Safety boots are so heavy, I had to drag myself every single step.








And well, here's a tip to people who's thinking of going to Nanyang Polytechnic's Visual Communication. The most important thing besides working hard in the course and handing assignments on time is..... MONEY.








You need money for your materials. Especially for model-making, they only provide you a certain size and quantity, and if you need extra, you have to buy them. For example, I was using foamcore, and it wasn't enough, so I had to buy one. It costs $8.00





My recent project requires me to use more balsa wood. And I went to ArtFriend at Bras Brasah Complex to buy one today. $8.00.








Not only that, I had to buy hinges, A4 drawing block, A4 folder and other ridicuously-priced items such as penknives and brushes. I bought one penknife for $6.50. And for 2 paint brushes, I PAID MORE THAN $10 FOR IT OKAY!!!





Dude, I can't understand why paintbrushes are so ridicuously priced, although the quality between cheap and expensive ones are distinguishable..





Overall, I spent $35 within an hour.





Do I have to mention that durng design classes, you need to spent money on colour-printing too? I spent ALOT. And I spent even more when my lecturer asks me to redo certain assignments.





So people, I guess that sums up why you need money for this course.








Sorry man, it's grumbling-about-money entry. I could grumble more if not for a good news is that Uncle Ken's wife Sherlynn gave birth to a healthy baby girl today!





Sherlynn and Ken.


Congratulations!! I think I'm going to pamper the little girl alot when she grows older! I don't know what she will be named as, but if I had a daughter, I think I'm going to name her Fantasia or Jennifer.


But no matter what, I hope the little baby girl will turns out to be a refined lady someday that will contributes greatly to the society.

No comments: