Saturday, July 07, 2007

One tight slap for myself.

I sometimes need to give myself a one tight slap. Two maybe. After more than 2 months in polytechnic, I started to SUFFER nostalgia.




No, it's not secondary school this time. It's junior college. I was thinking of the few days I've spent with my classmates. I can still remember their faces, but I forgot their names.











I started to think of this crazy guy, who ran towards me eagerly to shake my hand as if I was his idol in the canteen, and exclaimed: "Oh my god, are you James?! I'm *******! It's nice to meet you!" I initially thought he was gay.








I started to miss college dancing with Jaspreet. IT WAS DAMN FUN. We were holding hands, and we turned around clumsily and laughing. She's so jovial sweet!














And Elana! I was really gullible to believe someone that she is a Malay because of her tanned skin! But she is a Chinese..











But most importantly, it was Lynette. I could still remember we were having some ice-breaking games, and she was the first one who initiated a conversation with me. Thought she was really sweet.





Lynette is the closest friend I had in my short span in Junior College and we hit off pretty well.






I think it is safe to say that Lynette was the only one who helped me during my days, and I would like say a big thank-you to you because you lent a listening ear, gave advice, and willing to be a great friend in my JC life. I regret not taking pictures with you at that time.. So I decided to grab one from you (Sorry!) to let others know how great you have been!









Lynette (Right) Taken from http://-nette.blogspot.com



A big thank you to you, Lynette! I hope we can go out some other day!



Also, I started to think how my Visual Communication course will affect my future.



Will the effect be drastic? Or minimal? I also like to believe that if I had been given more time to adjust to a Junior College, I will definitely not appeal out.



Getting in one is already a shocker for me, and I had always believed I'm stupid and inferior to others till now, thanks to the Singapore education system. (I'll blog some other time about it.)I thought I would like to see what is the maximum for my potential.


Also, I also have this mindset of being slower than others. I like to compare.I'm in Normal Academic stream which takes another year longer than most students in Singapore.


I don't want to lag behind as much, so I thought getting into a junior college could hasten the speed.


But since I already got into a polytechnic, and I got into what I wished for at that point of time, so I shouldn't regret at all. But I'm starting to feel it that way.


I guess it will still remain as the most controversial decision in my life yet.. And it still affects me till this very day.



Thanks Lynette once again..

No comments: