Thursday, December 13, 2007

A lesson learnt for $5.

Despite being 18 years of age, I haven't really seen anyone really as ugly as this, and I'm talking about actions, not looks.


You see, this particular schoolmate of mine started borrowing money from me, $5 to be precise. I'm not the only one, and he proceeded to borrow from my other friends $5, $6, and $20 respectively.

However, when my friend pursued the $20 from him, he gave lots of excuses, and empty promises.

He then absent himself for 2 weeks including this week, and he blocked most of us in MSN messenger.

We also learnt that he owes a girl $100+ and some other money from other students as well.


What really makes my blood boil whenever I think of what he said to me before is that how snobbish he can be:

"At least I don't wear S&K."


S&K, which stands for Samuel and Kevin is a fashion apparel which sells low-range items.


Yes, he wears branded stuff like Banana Republic, its t-shirts around $100+. How bout a limited edition Adidas jacket for $179? And also brands like Levi's.


I wouldn't even write all these if he had some problems and talked to us about it or even apologise. Instead, he decided to escape the whole thing by blocking us on MSN, and disappearing from our lives.


Most importantly, what really baffles me is how rich he appears to be, he is unable to return people any money. Makes me wonder if he bought those branded stuff off the borrowed money.


I don't harbour any thoughts of getting the $5 because if he cannot even settle bigger debts, what's mine compared to them? Speaking of which, I don't intend to get it back because it's not about the money. It's a matter of principles.


And this is a reply to "him":


"I might be wearing low-range apparels, but I don't owe people money or at most, CENTS. You, on the other hand wears high-range stuff, and presented yourself as a rich kid, and you can even throw a brand new palette with only little amount of black postal paint away without reusing it.

I sleep every day with a clear conscience that I don't OWE and CHEAT people money. Most importantly, I don't VICTIMISE MY FRIENDS, MAKE USE OF THEM, AND RUN AWAY."



Oh and by the way, if personality is merely a presentation, than you have failed terribly.

No comments: