Saturday, November 19, 2005

Attending HUPSteel's Family Day Dinner.

It's a very tiring day. My mom coaxed us to go to HUPSteel (Formerly known as Hup Seng Huat)'s Family Day Dinner.


Speaking of HUPSteel, it turned 60 last Tuesday. As the name suggest, it imports and exports mainly on steel. And the company spent more than a whopping $500,000 for the special day. My mom's fashion sense for that night was so good, I couldn't recognise her.


Anyway, that's besides the point. Today, my mom, younger brother and me took the MRT to Boon Keng Station, and then took a bus to Lavender MRT Station. The company had provided us (A certain group of people meeting at one place.)transport. We boarded the bus, and boy was the journey long! It was located at Jurong, probably near the industrial estate.


I've never come to my mom's workplace since the company moved to its new location at Jurong. When we reached there, I was greeted with:







I was flabbergasted. So this is where my mom worked? Pretty cool! The factory was connected with the office itself. Thoughtful you'd say!




The factory.




Anyway, we were brought in into the office. A very nicely decorated place I'll say. But basically, it's your just typical office. Really.






The table where my mom worked.



Lame. After that, my brother and I went to greet my mom's colleagues.



Finally, it was the much-awaited Family Dinner.







Apparently, it started off with the CEO giving a speech and singing a song. After that, it was buffet for everyone while others sang karaoke. Nothing much. After that it was the lucky draw. During the lucky draw, I was thinking about the chances and possibility of winning something; maths that I learned during the Bridging Course. Dear, why am I thinking about Maths?



Anyway, to cut the paragraph short, my mom won a $250 Best Denki shopping voucher. And she's going to give it to Uncle Ken, as a present for his solemnization.



Here's 2 pictures that we took:




Brothers together with the CEO of HUPSteel.







Me, my brother, Wei Sheng and Wei Li respectively.





That's all folks!




No comments: