Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Eduardo Gory Guerrero (Eddie Guerrero) dies.

I shall dedicate this post to my favourite wrestler, Eddie Guerrero. I heard the tragic news about him today, from Shafeeq that he had bitten the dust. I was naturally shocked, but later thought that he must have played a trick or it's just one of the WWE's scripwriters' plot. But no, it is real. He is dead. News spread like wildfire about his untimely departure, sending rude shocks to his fans all over the world.


The former WWE Champion had bitten the dust at 38 years old.



According to several reports, he was found dead at his hotel room on 13 November (Sunday) after failing to respond to door knocks and phone calls. An autopsy is being carried out and the results are expected to release in a couple of weeks time.




As I'm writing this, my heart is filled with utmost sadness. I could still remembered when he did the unthinkable. He defeated Brock Lesnar and became the WWE Champion. When I watched the recaps, I was always touched because of his never-say-die attitude, and that nothing is impossible. He won lots of titles during his reign.


He battled alcholism and was once a drug addict before. However, he battled the depths of them. This, I salute him.


I was watching those videos at WWE.com, and WWE wrestlers were giving their speech. I paid extra attention to Chris Benoit and Rey Mysterio because they were Eddie's closest friends. I listened to their speech, and I cried with them. I could totally understand their feelings, their anguish.


I express my sympathy and condolences to the Guerreros' family and friends.


Eddie, I knew you will be in a better place. You will be remembered in our hearts forever. You will be a champion forever.


We will never forget the legacy you leave behind.


The Latino Heat still burns.


"VIVA LA RAZA"


"WE LIE, WE CHEAT, WE STEAL."





Farewell, Eddie Guerrero..



Rest in peace.

No comments: