Sunday, October 28, 2007

Celebrating Jia Yi's birthday.

It was Jia Yi's 18th birthday on September 27, and the group of 5 decided to celebrate it at the Singapore Zoological Gardens.






I haven't been to the Zoo for more than a decade, and it certainly felt fresh going there.




The tickets were expensive; priced at $16.50 each.








The 3 ladies.







The 2 guys.







Walking around the zoo is quite tiring, because of the weather and the paths.






Nevertheless, I've taken photos of animals.






Sleeping otters.









Penguins.






We came over to the Orang Utans section, and we saw this cute little baby orang utan which was eating riceball.
















I was amazed at their intelligence, no wonder they say human beings are evolved from them!





Next, we went to see zebras..







Zebras..






Giant turtles..






They were walking slowly, as if their shell weighs a tonne.






We walked into this enclosure, and were expected to see snakes. But no, we saw fierce-looking monkeys!












This small monkey growled at me.









I love cheetahs, and their skins are so beautiful!







This cheetah is still sleeping though it's daytime.







Lazy animal.










Giraffe!







We didn't watch any animal shows except for the feeding of polar bears. Though it is considered entertaining, I felt sad that these polar bears had to be trained to do things like waving to the audience.






Something which you will never see in the wild. It just didn't felt natural to me.






I seriously do not know how these animals can adapt to the weather.






It's like asking an Eskimo from the Artic region to live the desert.









Polar bear..







And their diet consists of watermelons too. Hmm..







The only animal that I liked throughout was the beautiful white tiger.

I think these are beautiful creatures.







They were "swimming" in the water, and schools of fishes kept following them.






By the way, it's impossible to find white tigers in the wild.






Besides going to the zoo just for entertainment purposes, I also had to take pictures for my assignment.







I had a concept about having a monkey holding a piece of paper. While I was willing to pay the fee of taking photos with the monkey, the zookeeper blatantly refused.






In the end, I decided to use the concept of shaking hands with the monkey.







The zookeeper refused again, because he said that no visitors are allowed to have physical contact with animals.






On a desperate attempt, I tried to shake hands with AN ORANG UTAN SOFT TOY, and take a picture of it.


















I also even tried to grab a display moulded hand of an orang utan and took a picture with it.














Why go through all that trouble, you say? It's because of copyright issues. I had to submit my work for this particular competition, and should my work be published by Nanyang Polytechnic (though the possibility is 0.1%), I cannot face any copyright issues. What if I use some pictures off the internet, and get accused of plagiarism?








Finally, I managed to ask the zookeeper to shake hands with the zookeeper while I take photo.




For once, I'm so proud of my camera. THE BATTERY DIED ON ME.




Thankfully, I have friends who had 2 more cameras which could back me up.







I hope this picture will work.






Also speaking of orang utans, the girls were totally obessed with this caucasian boy whom they saw at the orang utans section.




I would like to compare it with bees to honey. The boy is probably 10 years old, and the girls were saying how handsome he is, and that in years to come, he will be the next Brad Pitt.


They took several photos of him:



Come on, let him off. He's just a kid.


They later commented that all caucasians are good-looking people.


Speaking of caucasians, my friends have been telling me how good-looking Dean is. I thought he was average-looking. But too bad, he's already got a girlfriend!



Anyway, after the zoo we went to AMK Hub to play pool, and dined at Pepper Lunch. Though I didn't eat, I thought their food was abit overpriced.



I'm sorry I didn't mention alot about the birthday girl in this post because I didn't take many photos.


Nevertheless Jia Yi, I do hope you enjoy it yesterday!
Happy 18th Birthday, Jia Yi!
Hope you like our present, and hope you stay happy as always!

No comments: