Sunday, October 21, 2007

The diving trip in Salang, Pulau Tioman. (Long Post)

I haven't been blogging much this week, because I was busy with school work and other stuff; I've been researching alot about buying cameras for the past few days and I finally bought one, but that's another post altogether.

Let's get back to Pulau Tioman, and what happened during the 3 days.






THE FIRST DAY


Basically on the first day, we spent the time travelling to Malaysia. And I like the first day, except for the travelling.



Thankfully, Han Wen brought his laptop along, and I brought my S.H.E concert DVD to watch!




Wei Chong is supporting the laptop while we watch it! Ella's cute!






The others who wasn't watching were sleeping, except for Dean.



We finally reached Mersing!




We reached there around 7.30pm, so we started to explore Mersing, and I do quite like the place! The others were buying some necessities while I just bought some food.



And the food there is GOOD and CHEAP! We all settled at a restaurant, and ordered alot of food, and each of us just coughed up only RM10+! I miss the cuttlefish with salted eggs dish..




I must say that although things there are relatively cheap compared with Singapore currency, the handphones aren't! It's way more expensive than Singapore I guess..I saw this particular Nike Shoe selling at RM99, which I quite like it. But I thought it might be fake, so I gave it a miss.




SECOND DAY



I had an awesome day today, except for a bad start.


First, I had Wei Chong pouncing on me while I was asleep.


Ahhh!!!


Then, I had to sit on the laps of the 2 guys, because of insufficient space, and it was a bumpy ride.





But before the bumpy ride was having breakfast at Timotel!

The food is quite nice!





Yum yum..



Leaving for Tioman!



This time, the trip is pretty special, because we did all our 3 dives before arriving to Pulau Tioman.



I will only post some underwater photos here, as I haven't get all the photos from my divemaster yet.




Ok back to the dives, I must say that we were rewarded with a spectacular view of the beautiful underwater world. It was BREATHTAKING.



Marine life was rich in the spots we went to today(in order):


1. Bahara Rock
2.Renggis
3.Soyak




Note: Photos shown are of average quality because of the film camera.






A beautiful coral.




Clownfishes staying close to sea anemones.




A common species of clownfishes.






Various types of fishes.



However, one of the most unforgettable sights were the sighting of cuttlefishes, and they were beautiful!



If you can't see the cuttlefish from the photo below, look at the direction which is pointing from the hand. Or click on the picture to zoom in.






After finishing the 3 dives, we headed back to Pulau Tioman, and we were hungry from the activity! So the Fishermen Dive Team went to Salang Restaurant to dine!







We nearly finished all the food.




The food is really great except for the vegetables. Again, the price was cheap and well-spent!
And after that, most of us did something we never done before.

PLAYING FIRECRACKERS.


I've never played with firecrackers during my 18 years of existence (and still counting), and when I heard that Alex bought firecrackers, I felt really excited!

Other people were playing with firecrackers as well, because it was the day of Hari Raya Puasa.


Gathering to lit up the firecrackers!




Nice!




THIRD DAY



The third and final day at Pulau Tioman before going back to Singapore.




In the morning..








I think they can finish the whole of Milo if they wanted. We had roti prata and Milo for breakfast.




And I must say that at Salang, there are humongous lizards.






Big and disgusting ones lurking around.



Anyway, we headed out to sea to dive again, and the 2 dive sites are:




1. Fan Canyon
2. Malang Rock




And these are some underwater pictures from the camera we rented, and taken by Han Wen:





Wrasse..



Beautiful shot of the clownfish and anemone!




Cute pufferfish!



Blue-spotted stingray!
Not only do we see these creatures, we also saw sea cucumbers, crown-of-thorns, sea turtles, nudibranchs, remoray fish, batfish AND ALOT ALOT MORE.
After diving, we packed up and went back to Singapore...
I will be continuing with the Pulau Tioman Trip with more posts, with my personal comments and more underwater photos coming soon!

No comments: