Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Personal Review for 'N' levels (4 Subjects)

I was suppose to be blogging yesterday night. But my sinus got the worse out of me, and I had a running nose. In fact, I already have it ever since 'N' level starts. My mom forced a pill into my mouth and I ended up breaking a record for sleeping more than 12 hours!

Anyway, I have took 4 papers since Monday. I'm going to give personal opinions.


Mathematics Paper 1

Honestly speaking, I was flabbergasted when I saw the standard of the paper. The paper even ask us to use a ruler to measure a triangle, and there we go, a 1 mark! Personally, I felt I could do most of the questions and I felt I did reasonably well. I really hope I can pass well for Maths. My effort haven't been gone down the drain. The pious effort of Zi Cai, Longwen and Mrs Yap, I express my utmost gratitude to them. Thanks a million.



Geography


Geography's standard was above average. The Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) was considerably above average, considering that the map-reading was hard. For Paper 2, I could do most of the questions as I learned them intensively. Some of the questions were based on common sense and not what we learn in the syllabus. All in all, I felt I would do most of the questions in the paper. A2 for me is absolutely possible.




English


Like I said in my previous post, the Cloze Passage was extremely easy, provided you read the passage carefully. I am extremely confident that I can get full marks for it. For the passages, the standard was above average. The questions required much thinking, especially the summary. As for the Composition and Letter Writing, I felt I did very well for it. All in all, I believe I can get an A1.




Elective History


Personally, I felt I did kinda well for Source-Based questions and fairly well for Structured-Essay. For Structured-Essay, I was racking my brain for the meaning of purges. I guess I pretty lost 6 marks for that one, as I cooked up some ridiculous story about Stalin and Lenin. All in all, I hope I can still get A2 or at least a B3 for Combined Humanities.

No comments: