Tuesday, October 18, 2005

We went to Plaza Singapura to catch a movie!

We went to Plaza Singapura to watch a movie. We went together as a group namely Zi Cai, Han Wen, Sin Wee, Chee Wei, Felicia, Guan Jie, Jeremy and me.

I was surprised when Zi Cai gave me a birthday present in advance. He said he had to prepare for his 'O' level Maths and couldn't give me a present on the day. It was the day of 'O' level Maths Paper 1. Anyway, it was a very nice Giordano T-Shirt given by him. Thanks Zi Cai!


We reached Plaza Singapura and was intending to watch a movie called, The Wig. It was a korean horror movie and was NC-16. I was extremely guilty. Everyone in the group was already 16 years old but I was the only one who wasn't. My birthday was 7 November, but the manager refused to accept me as I hadn't reach sweet sixteen.


Luckily, my good friends racked their brains and solve the problem. And I managed to sneak in by using Chee Wei's EZ-Link card. (Do I look like Chee Wei?) Before that, I was extremely guilty and uneasy because I fear the plot wouldn't work and they had to rack their brains all because of me. Also, Han Wen and Sin Wee lost their movie tickets because of me, although they still got in.


To make matters worse, the story plot of the wig was more like a touching movie than a horror movie. I wonder if they have serious languange defiency because they can't seem to differentiate between touching or scary. (I won't include spoilers) In short, it was mediocre. My rating? 4/10.


Also, we met some people at Plaza Singapura too. Justin, Jerry, Ivan, Clement, Derrick, to name a few. Some of them kindly went to The Heeren with me because I wanted to buy a wallet. The exorbitant price of a Billabong wallet costs a whopping $50 at 77th Street! And my budget was only around $20+.


So we went to The Wallet Shop at The Heeren. The kind salesgirl approached me and showed me some brands. She promptly asked me what was my budget and I gladly answered her. She was polite and keep smiling at me. And I agreed to buy it, I saw her wink at the counter girl and showed a hand gesture that meant okay. She probably earn commission from it.


In the end, I bought a wallet brand called Myuk that costs $26. It was simple yet nice. As the saying goes: Simplicity is beauty.



Anyway, I would like to thank Zi Cai for his wonderful present!

And those who were in our group, if you are reading this, I apologise for the unnecessary problems and inconvenience caused.

No comments: