Saturday, September 17, 2005

Thanks for boosting my ego.

I seems to be recovering from the outbreak of my pimples. I even jokingly said they looked like popcorns. Disgusting? Yes! I regretted. I regretted not taking care of my face. It goes like this:


Ever since I was in primary school, I felt I was fugly. Totally ugly. I refused to look in the mirror and buy attractive clothes. Hence, I had low self-esteem. I didn't bothered asking people how good-looking I am. I didn't care how I look and I continued to be voracious. In secondary, I didn't take care of my face at all. I continued having low self-esteem till Secondary 4.

However, thanks to Friendster, my low self-esteem increased; thanks to the testimonials. I don't wish to say anymore about testimonials. (If you say testimonials are meant for people to bootlick or something, you're probably someone who's pure sour grapes.)

Anyway, I didn't take good care of my pimples still, until an outbreak happened. Apparently, my case was considered acne. They were big and red. Some of my friends were concerned and said:

"James, why your cute face liddat? Last time so flawless, now so many pimples liao."
(Translated as "James, why is the cute face of yours full of pimples? Your face used to be flawless, but now there's so many pimples!)

and

"Wah seh! Your pimples so many... Very er xin leh."
(Translated as "Oh my, you have so many pimples! It's very disgusting!)



After excogitating, I decided to do something about my pimples. I tried Follow Me (Silkpro) facial products which I spent over a whopping $80! However, I always expect and preferred quality over quantity, but this wasn't the case. It worked against me. It made my acne condition even worse. Thus, I stopped using it. I contemplated consulting a dermatologist, but consulting one means the prices will be exorbitant. In the end, I decided to consult a doctor at a clinic in Compass Point near the bus interchange.

The female doctor pointed at my pimples, saying that it was considered serious and wanted to give me strong oral pills and cream. She wanted to give me something to cure my pimples, probably Accutane, and said I had to do a blood test because it have side effects. Sounds inane right? My mother refused it so my doctor prescribed antibiotics and a pimple gel.

The antibiotics were called DOXYLINE while the pimple gel was called Differin. Congruent to the one below:









It's been 3 weeks since I faithfully took the medicine. At first, the condition worsened because of the medicine. It has improved slightly and my pimples were no longer that big. I have to be patient. I probably had to get stocks for my medicine soon.

My friends told me some of the DON'T-DO things. I've done research and found out about it.

I write 2 of the myths here.


Do not eat oily food because it can make your face more oily.

Seriously, that's bullshit. There isn't scientific evidence to support this.


Acne is caused by poor hygiene and washing your face frequently will prevent it from happening.

Don't be gullible. Well, the fact is, if you wash your face too frequently, it will make the acne even worse! Just gently wash your face 2 times a day.





For now, thanks for reading. I just hope my acne condition gets better...

3 comments:

Liang zhi said...

hi ! It is pity that u spent a whopping 8o bucks but it worked against you in the end. Good Luck to your face anyway..best of luck to you ! See you again soon.

Anonymous said...

wow lun.. hope ur pimples gettin better ... hahas.. dun be discourage by ur appearance hor.. ur cute .. everyone noes.. haha .. so jus stay cute n healthy.. pimple be gone !! =) smile *

James said...

Yeah, thanks guys.. Just an advice: It's better to consult a professional rather than buying products off the shelves. Thanks for the comments!