Monday, September 19, 2005

That's it! I'm saving for Canon A400!

I excogitated, and decided that I doesn't want to buy Nokia N90 because the phone is too expensive. Rather, I'm going to save up for Canon A400; it wasn't an impromptu decision.

The Canon A400 is considered quite old since it came to the market around August 2004. I had consulted my a friend of mine, Kelvin, who was a professional photographer studying in Singapore Management University. I had asked him which camera is cheap and good; I'm a student, and he recommended Canon A400.

I decided do some research on the camera and found out that it had been given good reviews. To know more about it you can check out : http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_a400-review/ It's a useful site. Besides, I have a good computer and a Canon printer, so that should be a good combination right? However there were some problems like batteries dying out fast etc, but since I've got rechargable batteries, that shouldn't be a problem. Here are some pictures of Canon A400:





The simple and sleek design of Canon A400.







Canon A400. Small and cool!







The various colours of Canon A400!




Perhaps, when you're reading this post, you may be asking 'But why do you need a camera?' Well, I'll answer it simply.

1. My family doesn't have a digital camera besides my paternal aunt. But her's cost more than $1000. Too expensive for me to handle.

2. For my birthday and the graduation high tea. I wouldn't want to regret not taking photos as many of my peers are leaving after 'N' levels and others who are graduating soon. I will miss them!

3. It's a good investment, I could use it for holidays and outings as well.

4. For my blog. My Nokia 6230 phone's camera is really bad. The quality is mediocre. So it's best for a digital camera.

5. Lastly, to feed my narcissism! Haha! Jokes aside, it's also a matter of time before we need a digital camera anyway.





I have decided to save up enough money for it. I've checked the price from the internet for Singapore. People said they bought the camera at Sim Lim Square for around $250-$280. I went to Hougang Mall's Harvey Norman just now to check about the price of the camera. To my surprise, they said it wasn't available! Maybe they considered it obsolete? Duh. I hope to buy it after the 'N' level examination finishes or around the holidays. I'm hoping the price will continue to plummet so I can buy it even cheaper. I'm going to save more than $300 (If I can) for a 256 SD MMC card to store photos.


Wish me luck for my ever dying preserverance!


Ahh, before I forget, have a great day for Mid-Autumn Festival! Gobble up mooncakes! Quick!

No comments: