Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Upset.

These are the results that I've received.

Geography

Paper 1= 28/40
Paper 2= 33.5/60

Overall= 61.5/100 (B4)



Combined Humanities

Social Studies= 25/50
Elective History= 35/50

Overall= 60/100 (B4)



Combined Science

Chemistry= 29/50
Physics= 28/50

Overall= 57/100 (C5)



English

Paper 1= 45/60
Paper 2= 55/80

Overall (Including oral)= 73/100 (A2)



Chinese

Paper 1= 45/70
Paper 2= 51/70

Overall (Including listening comprehension and oral)= 72/100 (A2)



Mathematics

Paper 1= 30/60
Paper 2= 15/40

Overall= 45/100 (D7)


That's about it. There's only the Design and Technology Paper left.



Upset.


I felt so upset over my English paper. I shouldn't be scoring such marks. My composition scored 22/30. Mind you, alot of people get that marks too and Mr Malvin Lim said it was marked leniently. Since I am a top-scorer in composition, what does it got to say?

1. I didn't do as well as I expected.
2. Maybe it's the marker's problem.

Despite feeling confident that I'll pass my composition with flying colours, Mr Malvin Lim said I did not do as well as the Mid-Year Paper. I'm not sure why are there so many red lines across my composition, as I used to write in that kind of method before and scored higher marks. The new marker, Mr Devan felt my way of writing or whatsoever was inappropiate and gave me such marks. People told me it is because of different markers. But how would I know where I gone wrong? Therefore, the best choice is to ask another teacher, Mrs Singh to tell me what went wrong etc. I'll do just that, probably tomorrow.

After everything has been clarified, I will aim and work hard for an A1 and graduate to Secondary 5.


*UPDATE*

Also, I had (J) who made snide remarks about me. Apparently, the snob said I kept failing my maths all the way, adding that I should not have take E Maths at the first place. There's even more derogatory remarks made, but I found it superfluous to type it here. I really don't care if it's a joke or something. If you attack my weakness, you don't go beyond the line. There's a limit to my toleration, and whether you know where you cross the line depends on your sensitivity.

I am someone who is not offensed easily over trivial matters, unless you attack my weakest point.



Note: There are some things which I cannot say in my blog for fear of offending anyone and sparking off a controversy. As of such, this post is carefully written and revised by the owner, himself.

No comments: