Sunday, August 26, 2007

A dose of reality.

Seriously, I'm so disappointed with Leo Club, which is a club that I joined. Months passed, and there aren't even one event that I've been to. And I'm not seriously interested in folding paper cranes.




I would like to help people, because it gives me an injection of reality, and how fortunate I am.




I signed up for going to childrens' home, where malay kids are abused, and put in that shelter.




I wanted to share their pain, and I wanted to teach them new stuff, and give them sweets.




That never happened. And now that I'm busy with work, it's impossible for me to participate in the club.






Sigh, forget it.






Speaking about reality, I'm sure Singaporeans will definitely have their daily doses of it.






CAN-COLLECTION





We're talking aluminium cans here. Everytime I eat in a coffeeshop or food centre, there will always be old people who collects aluminum cans as a living. They crush the can, and can be sold for 5 cents each.


I thought: Aren't they suppose to be enjoying life in their golden years? Why are they still earning a living?


On a sidenote, some of them can be irritating, because they force you to finish up the canned drink and pass it to them. Worse still, while you're eating, they just walk towards you and take the canned drink, giving it a light shake to see if there's still content inside. If there's still content, they'll walk away.




SCAVENGERS



I don't know if this word is abit too harsh, but I've seen such a person scavenging before. It's still emotionally-disturbing to me up till this day.



My colleagues and I were eating, and we saw this old lady feed herself with leftover food which other consumers did not want. She took the spoon, scoop it into a plastic ware, and TAKE AWAY the soup. I couldn't believe my eyes, because I thought it was impossible for it to happen in Singapore.




BUSKERS & BEGGARS



These people either beg for money, sell things or do some stunts to try and ask for money.


These people are probably either mutes, deaf, blind or have some parts of their body amputated.


Everytime we see one of these people, we either give them money, or just walk away.


For beggars, don't ever give them money easily. Some of them are able-bodied, and they might spend the money on cigarettes and continue to ask for more money.




After this post, I do hope you look at the enviroment around you, and whatever problems you have, you need to know this.
There WILL and ALWAYS be people who are less unfortunate than us.

We seriously need to appreciate ourselves.

No comments: