Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Feeling contemplative..

Recently, I've been listening to Angels by Robbie Williams. It kept repeating on my stereo speakers. The more I listen to it, the more I thought how meaningful the lyrics is, and how contemplative I felt about life.



The song Angels means alot to Robbie Williams, because it is the song that revived his career.





I was first introduced to this song by my English teacher Mr Malvin Lim a few years back, when he sang it in piano accompaniment in front of the whole class. The performance was good, and I really liked it.





Here are the lyrics:









I sit and wait

Does an angel contemplate my fate

And do they know the places where we go when we´re grey and old ´

Cos I´ve been told that salvation lets their wings unfold

So when I’m lying in my bed thoughts running through my head and I feel that love is dead

I’m loving angels instead





And through it all she offers me protection a lot of love and affection

Whether I’m right or wrong and down the waterfall wherever it may take me

I know that life wont break me when I come to call she wont forsake me

I’m loving angels instead





When I’m feeling weak and my pain walks down a one way street

I look above and I know ill always be blessed with love

And as the feeling grows she breathes flesh to my bones

And when love is dead I’m loving angels instead

And through it all she offers me protection a lot of love and affection

Whether I’m right or wrong and down the waterfall wherever it may take me

I know that life wont break me when I come to call she wont forsake me

I’m loving angels instead







This song has been with me through my emotional and hard times.

It somehows calms my soul, and it makes me ponder about certain issues.





When I watch Robbie William sang Angels in some of the videos in Youtube, I was deeply touched, and I even teared. He sang Angels way too soulfully.



The crowd were singing 'And do they know the places where we go, when we're grey and old', it makes me wonder how life is so mysterious, and that every single one of us will die eventually, but what really happens to us after death is something which no one knows.





I love this song totally, and just in case you never heard of this beautifully-composed song, here are the links to the song:



1. The song's MTV

2. The awesome concert clip (MUST WATCH!)

3. Another awesome clip (MUST WATCH TOO!)





Thank you Robbie Williams, and I guess...

I'm loving angels instead..

No comments: