Friday, August 31, 2007

Take care, Miss Audrey Tan.

This post is dedicated to a hardworking, caring and responsible Geography teacher.




Dear Miss Audrey Tan,



I got really worried when I heard that you were out of school, due to some illness months ago. I had you in my prayers.



I wanted to organise a trip to pay you a visit with some other friends. A few days ago, I decided to call you, because I wanted to ask if you are alright, and also if you wanted to go diving. I called you thrice, but no one picked up the phone.





Today, North Vista Secondary School had an early Teachers Day Celebration, because tomorrow is the actual day. You weren't here today, so I called you again. It was a missed call again.



I checked with the others how have you been, and I heard that you were hospitalised with an infectious illness for a few months. Having listened, I really got worried.



Just now, I received a call from your handphone.






A man picked up, who is probably your father, and we had this conversation:



Man: Did anyone called Audrey?

Me: Yes I did.

Man: May I know who are you?

Me: I'm one of her students.

Man: Why are you looking for her?

Me: I haven't see her in a long time, and she didn't turned up for the Teachers Day Celebration, so I decided to ask.

Me: Did anything happened to her?

Man: No, she's alright. She will be coming back to school by the end of the year.

Me: Ok, thanks alot. Bye.

Man: Bye.


You are really a good teacher. I could still remember when we're in Secondary 1, the class was famously notorious, and we had no form teacher. You were the only one who took us, though you knew it was a difficult task.



I was taught by you again in Secondary 4 and 5, and you gave us plenty of notes, and ask us to do lots of ten-year-series questions, in order to get us prepared for the final lap.



I really appreciate what you have for all of us, and I still cannot believe you got that illness. God is really unfair to you.


As the official day of Teachers Day approaches, I would like to sincerely wish you a very Happy Teachers Day. Teaching is your passion and will forever be. I will pray that nothing will happen to you.


As I end this post which I feel is futile, I hope that you will get to read this someday although you're still in the hospital as I type.









Remember this Miss Tan, we love you and hope you have a speedy recovery!





Your student,


James Ho Zhao Lun
5N2'06

No comments: